HHTR Flashback Favorite – Love is The Secret Fuel for Enduring Partnerships with Dr Stan Tatkin & Linda Carroll
Original Air Date Wednesday, August 15, 2018
You will love, love, love this episode.
Today, we focus on the biological changes and developmental stages we experience when we feel love. Dr. Stan Tatkin unpacks the innate human need to feel a safe and secure attachment to our loved ones and Linda Carroll explores the practice and chemistry of love for a lasting relationship.
Does something in this conversation resonate with you? Are you in need of a professional speaker who can elevate your tribe & enliven your culture? Lisa Cypers Kamen is an award-winning speaker, author & happiness expert who facilitates life-changing presentations for organizations of any size. The science is clear, happier people thrive in life. If you are ready to inject joy into your organization, find out which program is best for you at Lisa’s Live Events.
Dr. Stan Tatkin, PsyD, MFT — Is Finding a Soulmate a Myth?:
- The role of attachment in connection and coupling. [2:41]
- Dr. Tatkin describes the different types of love from his book, Wired for Dating. [9:05]
- The hallmarks of positive partnering. [13:44]
- Take the fear out of dating and relationships. [17:34]
- The Psychobiological Approach to Couple Therapy (PACT). [24:02]
Dr. Stan Tatkin is a clinician, researcher, teacher and developer of A Psychobiological Approach to Couple Therapy® (PACT). He is the author of two highly received books, Wired for Love and the audiobook Your Brain on Love, and co-authored Love and War in Intimate Relationships with Marion Solomon, Ph.D.
Dr. Stan Tatkin Website
@DrStanTatkin on Twitter
Dr. Stan Tatkin on Facebook
Linda Carroll — Learning to Love is a Lifetime Process:
- Linda’s book, Love Cycles, takes an in-depth look at relationships. [28:27]
- The practice of love, empathy, compassion, and understanding. [33:28]
- What happens to our bodies when we fall in love? [39:07]
- Why you should pay attention to how a love interest treats other people. [46:09]
- Achieving intimacy through connection and solitude. [49:36]
Linda Carroll, MS, has worked as a couple’s therapist for over thirty years. She is certified in Transpersonal Psychology, IMAGO therapy, and in the PAIRS psycho-education process. She has studied many modalities of psychological and spiritual work and is also certified in the Hot Monogamy program, which helps couples create (or re-create) the passion that makes relationships thrive. Linda is the author of Love Cycles, Her Mother’s Daughter, and Remember Who You Are.
Linda Carroll Website
@LoveCyclesLinda on Twitter
Linda Carroll on Facebook
This episode of HHTR is sponsored by:
Are We Happy Yet? Eight Keys to Unlocking a Joyful Life — A guidebook for learning how to harvest happiness through self-mastery. Happiness waits for no one and sometimes we all need support. What is getting in the way of your happiness right now?
“Long relationships have some cold winters.” — @LoveCyclesLinda #HarvestingHappinessTalkRadio Click To Tweet“Every person on the planet is annoying. There is no low maintenance person up close.” — @DrStanTatkin #HarvestingHappinessTalkRadio Click To Tweet“We all come to the table with wounds and vulnerability.” - Lisa Cypers Kamen #HarvestingHappinessTalkRadio Click To Tweet“The fear of our relationship not lasting until tomorrow can draw so many resources that we can not concentrate.” — @DrStanTatkin #HarvestingHappinessTalkRadio Click To Tweet
CONTINUE YOUR JOURNEY
Creating and Sustaining Intimate Relationships That Stand the Test of Time with Dr. Harville Hendrix, Dr. Helen LaKelly Hunt, & Dr. Gary Salyer
Purpose-driven and consciously prepared brain food from the beaches of Malibu, California. Join us on this week’s show focusing Creating and Sustaining Intimate Relationships. Guests Dr. Harville Hendrix, Dr. Helen LaKelly Hunt, & Dr. Gary Salyer discuss how early feelings and emotions color our adult life, improving our relationships by learning compassionate communication and being our authentic selves in order to create sustainable relationships. To learn more visit HarvestingHappinessTalkRadio.com.
Working Smarter Not Harder: Mastering Mindful Productivity to Gain Precious Time with Dr. Bryan Robinson & Natalie Sisson
• Purpose-driven and consciously prepared brain food from the beaches of Malibu, California. Join us on this week’s show focusing on Working Smarter Not Harder: Mastering Mindful Productivity to Gain Precious Time. Guests Dr. Bryan Robinson & Natalie Sisson discuss pulling back from workaholism, injecting mindfulness and productivity into your work and working smarter in order to regain precious time. To learn more visit HarvestingHappinessTalkRadio.com.
Tackling Tough Topics and Festering Feelings of Anxiety in Adults and Children with Dr. Abigail Gewirtz & Jordan Reid
Purpose-driven and consciously prepared brain food from the beaches of Malibu, California. Join us on this week’s show focusing on Tackling Tough Topics and Festering Feelings of Anxiety in Adults and Children. Guests Dr. Abigail Gewirtz & Jordan Reid discuss categorizing our own feelings, helping our children do the same while building resiliency and emotional well-being. To learn more visit HarvestingHappinessTalkRadio.com.