Harvesting Happiness for Heroes is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization dedicated to stigma-free assistance of Military Personnel and their loved ones facing challenges with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) and other post-deployment reintegration issues.
Harvesting Happiness for Heroes offers one-on-one services, mini-workshops, and retreats to address the whole person: mind, body, and emotions. This is how:
A Calmer Mind:
• Positive Psychology tools when learned and used, focused on us on our personal strengths and virtues, giving us a sense of greater of well being and confidence.
• Meditation develops our ability to concentrate and focus, so that we begin to notice all of our thoughts. We become clearer and more aware.
• Conscious Communication skills give us the power to share our thoughts and feelings authentically, while respecting their impact our selves, our family and our friends.
Better Physical Health:
• Yoga is a combination of deep breathing and strength & flexibility exercises designed to systematically reduce mental, emotional and physical tension.
• Equine-Assisted Activities are a fun and physical approach to making us more acutely aware of our emotional state, as horses respond directly to our behavior.
• Nutritional Education informs us about how to create a physically balanced environment for our brain and our emotions.
• Creative Expression exercises help us express hidden or blocked feelings, which cause us anxiety and guilt if left unexpressed.
• Group Discussion offers us community and releases feelings of guilt and shame.
• Healing Arts (Massage/Reflexology/Acupuncture) relaxes and re-balances the body through emotionally supportive physical contact.
• Life Mapping is a powerful tool that shows us specifically what blocks us and what small, concrete changes we can make to live more fully, more happily.
Visit here often for the latest updates, program information, event dates and opportunities to support the program.