Listener Favorite Returns: Lessons on Longevity: Finding the Fountain of Youth with Dr. Valter Longo & Dr. Mario Martinez
Original Air Date Wednesday, December 26, 2018
Can acting and feeling young reset your biological clock? Is our life expectancy an inherited trait or do we have the power to increase our longevity through mindset, diet, and nutrition? What mental characteristics do centenarians have in common? Host, Lisa Kamen, seeks answers to these questions from her two distinguished guests. Dr. Valter Longo talks about the science of longevity and how diet and
nutrition can change the brain. And, Dr. Mario Martinez shares his findings of how our cultural upbringing impacts our immune systems ability to preserve youthfulness.
Does something in this conversation resonate with you? Are you in need of a professional speaker who can elevate your tribe & enliven your culture? Lisa Cypers Kamen is an award-winning speaker, author & happiness expert who facilitates life-changing presentations for organizations of any size. The science is clear, happier people thrive in life. If you are ready to inject joy into your organization, find out which program is best for you at Lisa’s Live Events.
- The Longevity Diet book focuses ‘Juventology’ and the 5 pillar method of eating and lifestyle. [2:19]
- The 5-Day Fast Mimicking diet offers all the benefits of a cleanse, or fast, without the hunger. [6:43]
- Dr. Longo describes how the diets in the book are designed to slow down brain aging, regenerate stem cells, prevent disease, and reduce weight. [16:12]
Dr. Valter Longo is the director of the Longevity Institute at USC in Los Angeles, and of the Program on Longevity and Cancer at IFOM (Molecular Oncology FIRC Institute) in Milan. His studies focus on the fundamental mechanisms of aging in simple organisms and mice and on how they can be translated to humans. Not coincidentally, Longo is from a town in Italy that is home to some of the longest- lived people in the world.
Book: The Longevity Diet: Discover the New Science Behind Stem Cell Activation and Regeneration to Slow Aging, Fight Disease, and Optimize Weight
Dr. Valter Longo Website
@ProLongfMD on Twitter
Dr. Valter Longo on Facebook
- Dr. Martinez explains how culture plays a part in how the mind and body communicate with each other. [29:09]
- Cultural markers can significantly affect human aging. [34:07]
- Centenarians have a healthy dose of inclusive narcissism, which is healthy for the immune system. [41:45]
- Dr. Martinez conducts workshops that create subcultures of wellness. [49:57]
Dr. Mario Martinez is a clinical neuropsychologist. He proposes a new science of hope to replace the limitations of the gloom and doom theories of reductionist science. He is the founder of biocognitive science: a new mind-body paradigm that investigates the inherited causes of health and the cultural learning of longevity. Dr. Martinez is considered a world expert on healthy longevity. He lives in Montevideo, Uruguay and Miami, Florida.
Book: The MindBody Self: How Longevity Is Culturally Learned and the Causes of Health Are Inherited
@biocognitive1 on Twitter
Mind Body Culture on Facebook
This episode of Harvesting Happiness Talk Radio is sponsored by:
“Diet and nutrition have such a major impact on human life and diseases.” @ProLonfMD on @HH_TalkRadio Click To Tweet“For the first time in the history of humankind, we are used to eating what we want, when we want.” @ProLonfMD on @HH_TalkRadio Click To Tweet“It’s not just about how long we live but the quality of those years.” @LisaKamen on @HH_TalkRadio Click To Tweet“The brain is cultural and the immune system has morals.” @biocognitive1 on @HH_TalkRadio Click To Tweet“We teach culturally our biology to age in different ways.” @biocognitive1 on @HH_TalkRadio Click To Tweet
CONTINUE YOUR JOURNEY
Breaking Yourself Wide Open to Create Personal and Professional Greatness with Diana Wong Ph.D. & Darrin Tulley
• Purpose-driven and consciously prepared brain food from the beaches of Malibu, California. Join us on this week’s show focusing on Breaking Yourself Wide Open to Create Personal and Professional Greatness. Guests Diana Wong Ph.D. & Darrin Tulley discuss the core elements of a visionary business leader, why it’s essential to learn the soft skills in life and strategic planning for implementing change in business and life. To learn more visit HarvestingHappinessTalkRadio.com.
Understand and Activate Your Subconscious Mind with Dr. Mike Dow & Mark Gober Original Air Date Wednesday, March 18, 2020 Most people have pondered their purpose in life. ‘Why am I here?’ and ‘what am I here to do?’ are common questions we ask of the...
Wondery Presents The School of Greatness With Lewis Howes Original Air Date Thursday, March 12, 2020 The School of Greatness with Lewis Howes is the best place to learn how to dream bigger, live better, and make an impact. The show features conversations with...