Understand and Activate Your Subconscious Mind with Dr. Mike Dow & Mark Gober
Original Air Date Wednesday, March 18, 2020
Most people have pondered their purpose in life. ‘Why am I here?’ and ‘what am I here to do?’ are common questions we ask of the universe. Ancient cultures used sleep temples and deep meditation techniques to delve into their intuition and become more at peace with their purpose. Is it possible to achieve peace and connectedness in the distracted world we live in today? To gain a better understanding of where science and spirituality intersect when discussing consciousness, Positive Psychology Podcast Host, Lisa Cypers Kamen speaks with Dr. Mike Dow and Mark Gober. Dr. Dow is an author with the mission of helping people heal their brains. He helps people replace negative experiences in their subconscious mind with emotionally-charged positive ones. And, Mark Gober is a Silicon Valley executive whose book and podcast research phenomenons of human consciousness that we are unable to explain with certainty.
Does something in this conversation resonate with you? Are you in need of a professional speaker who can elevate your tribe & enliven your culture? Lisa Cypers Kamen is an award-winning speaker, author & happiness expert who facilitates life-changing presentations for organizations of any size. The science is clear, happier people thrive in life. If you are ready to inject joy into your organization, find out which program is best for you at Lisa’s Live Events.
- Dr. Mike explains the conscious and the subconscious mind and how they work for us. [1:41]
- Is it possible to delete a negative experience and install optimism in its place? [7:39]
- Subconscious Visualization Technique (SVT) is the first technique that integrates cognitive-behavioral tools with hypnosis, bilateral stimulation, and visualization. [15:13]
- Ancient rituals and practices were our ancestors’ way of activating the subconscious. [11:52]
- SVT can assist people with PTSD and sleep hygiene issues by accessing the amygdala and reducing emotionally-charged memories. [20:40]
Book: Your Subconscious Brain Can Change Your Life: Overcome Obstacles Heal Your Body & Reach Any Goal with a Revolutionary Technique
Mark Gober — Understanding Consciousness:
- Mark describes his lifelong fascination with consciousness and the purpose of humans in the universe. [29:19]
- How to strengthen your experience of consciousness. [33:38]
- In Mark’s book, An End to Upside Down Thinking and his upcoming podcast, he investigates remote viewing, near-death experiences, and how we access consciousness. [36:22]
- The connection between science and spirituality. [40:08]
- Mark describes terminal lucidity and deathbed visions. [48:26]
Mark Gober was drawn to astrophysics yet decided to pursue studies in what drives human behavior, ending with a degree in psychology with a focus on behavioral economics. After stumbling across podcasts that exposed him to new ideas, Mark began sharing his findings with family and friends, gaining feedback that their lives were changing. From here, his book, podcast and other content have formed.
Book: An End to Upside Down Thinking Dispelling the Myth that the Brain Produces Consciousness and the Implications for Everyday Life
This episode of Harvesting Happiness Talk Radio is sponsored by:
“In a post-traumatic stress response, the amygdala and hippocampus become over-stimulated in the brain. They become locked and loaded in a vigilant state.” @LisaKamen on @HH_TalkRadio Click To Tweet “When we look at today's society being so busy and easily distracted the challenge becomes overriding the noise to find the quiet space.” @LisaKamen on @HH_TalkRadio Click To Tweet “Life separates us from one another but when we are able to bring ourselves to a clear, neutral space we seem to become receptors for phenomenon.” @LisaKamen on @HH_TalkRadio Click To Tweet“Studies show that hypnosis can be more effective than medication.” @doctormikedow on @HH_TalkRadio Click To Tweet“The subconscious mind doesn't talk and store in words. It speaks in images and sense memory.” @doctormikedow on @HH_TalkRadio Click To Tweet“The theta brain wave is the brain wave of the subconscious. It helps us experience things in a way that feels real.” @doctormikedow on @HH_TalkRadio Click To Tweet“We believe that people were putting themselves into trance for healing in Egyptian sleep temples.” @doctormikedow on @HH_TalkRadio Click To Tweet“When you are dreaming your brain is making sense of what happened to you during the day.” @doctormikedow on @HH_TalkRadio Click To Tweet“Subconscious Visualization Technique (SVT) is induced dreaming. You can use it to make sense of what happened during the day.” @doctormikedow on @HH_TalkRadio Click To Tweet“If you can learn to generate theta brain waves. teach yourself to make sense of what happened to you, and discharge the negative you can move on with grace.” @doctormikedow on @HH_TalkRadio Click To Tweet“The consciousness we all experience exists but it's not from the body. The brain works as an antenna or filter that picks up a consciousness that isn't produced by us.” @MarkGroberAuthor on @HH_TalkRadio Click To Tweet“Scientific phenomenon crosses over into the spiritual realm.” @MarkGroberAuthor on @HH_TalkRadio Click To Tweet “Precognition is the ability to know or sense the future before it happens.” @MarkGroberAuthor on @HH_TalkRadio Click To Tweet “The idea is that consciousness is somehow existing beyond all space and time in an infinite manner.” @MarkGroberAuthor on @HH_TalkRadio Click To Tweet“The phenomenon of deathbed vision is when people who are near their time of death report seeing deceased individuals in the room.” @MarkGroberAuthor on @HH_TalkRadio Click To Tweet“There are many paths to having an awakening of the nature of reality.” @MarkGroberAuthor on @HH_TalkRadio Click To Tweet
CONTINUE YOUR JOURNEY
Digital Declarations and Social Media Realities: Communicating with Civility in the Ethers and Beyond with Luvvie Ajayi & Professor Russell Golman
Purpose-driven and consciously prepared brain food from the beaches of Malibu, California. Join us on this week’s show focusing on Digital Declarations and Social Media Realities: Communicating with Civility in the Ethers and Beyond. Guests Luvvie Ajayi & Professor Russell Golman discuss socializing online and in the physical, real relationships and communicating with civility in today’s social climate. To learn more visit HarvestingHappinessTalkRadio.com.
Joy on Purpose: Building a Culture of Happiness for Personal and Professional Success with Rich Sheridan & James Goebel
• Purpose-driven and consciously prepared brain food from the beaches of Malibu, California. Join us on this week’s show focusing on Joy on Purpose: Building a Culture of Happiness for Personal and Professional Success. Guests Rich Sheridan & James Goebel discuss working with purpose to gain joy from your work while creating a non-traditional workplace structure where team members work in pairs, projects are peer-reviewed, and the responsibility of human resources belongs to everyone. To learn more visit HarvestingHappinessTalkRadio.com.
Hosted by Rufus Griscom, and featuring thought leaders Malcolm Gladwell, Susan Cain, Adam Grant, and Daniel Pink, The Next Big Idea brings you the most groundbreaking ideas that have the power to change the way you live, work and think. This week’s episode features a conversation about the power of being “weird.”