Thought Management: Navigating Stress and Gaining Dominion Over Your Mind
Original Air Date Wednesday, August 11, 2021
Neuroplasticity offers us the ability to change our brains and transcend stress, fear, and anxiety. By rewiring neural pathways in the mind and learning thought management, we can transform the emotional strain past traumas hold over our subconscious minds. Thought management is just one of many successful methods to overcome patterns and behaviors that serve as blocks to our happiness. To ascertain the secrets to making monumental shifts toward contentment, Positive Psychology Podcast Host Lisa Cypers Kamen speaks with two neuroscience experts who reveal their strategies for rewiring the mind via thought management. Dr. Mike Dow has a mission to help people heal their brains by replacing negative experiences in their subconscious minds with emotionally charged positive ones as a method of stress control. And, Don Goewey works within corporate America about how to circumvent stress and increase life satisfaction.
Dr. Mike Dow — Gaining Dominion Over Your Mind:
- Dr. Mike explains the conscious and the subconscious brain and how they work for us. [2:06]
- Is it possible to delete a negative experience and install optimism in its place? [7:48]
- Ancient rituals and practices were our ancestors’ way of activating the subconscious. [12:00]
- Subconscious Visualization Technique (SVT) is the first technique that integrates cognitive-behavioral tools with hypnosis, bilateral stimulation, and visualization. [17:00]
- SVT can assist people with PTSD and sleep hygiene issues by accessing the amygdala and reducing emotionally charged memories. [26:20]
Book: Your Subconscious Brain Can Change Your Life: Overcome Obstacles, Heal Your Body, and Reach Any Goal with a Revolutionary Technique
- Is it possible to put an end to stress? [31:27]
- Don describes how our mind controls our physical health. [38:33]
- How stress and trauma cause long-term mental torture. [42:16]
- Can we wish away bad circumstances? [44:14]
- Don works within corporations to help employees reduce stress. [51:04]
Best Fiends — Playing casual mobile puzzle games can help pass the time on hot summer days. Best Fiends gives my mind a refreshing pause that challenges it in a good way. The fun never ends on Best Fiends because there is always something new to explore. Download the 5-star rated mobile puzzle game on the Apple App Store or Google Play.
Are We Happy Yet? Eight Keys to Unlocking a Joyful Life — A boot camp manual for greater emotional fitness. Happiness waits for no one and sometimes we all need support. What is getting in the way of your happiness right now?
H–Factor: Where is Your Heart? — Lisa’s documentary film explores the journey of human happiness. Emotions are contagious and happiness is a universally desired state. We tend to forget we all have the freedom to be happy or the liberty to be miserable each day.
CONTINUE YOUR JOURNEY
Cognitive Immunity: The Moral Mind of Critical Thinkers with Andy Norman Ph.D. & Allen Buchanan Ph.D. Original Air Date Wednesday, August 3, 2022 Most people want to be happy. Yet, the moral fabric of society lays prey to degradation caused by our evolutionary...
Disinformation Defense: Responsible Thinking and Pragmatic Perspectives with John Cook Ph.D. & Simon Critchley Ph.D. Original Air Date Wednesday, July 27, 2022 Throughout our existence, humans have dipped our proverbial toes into the how and the why of our...
Rising Adult Professionals: Stand-Up, Stand-Out, and Succeed with Julie Lythcott-Haims & Mark Zides Original Air Date Wednesday, June 15, 2022 Today’s job market is a stark contrast to the job market of 20-years ago. Millennials and Gen Z’ers who are entering the...